Want to know more about SpedTex…watch this video clip!
Latest From The Blog
1. Free webinar grades 5-12 http://www.eschoolnews.com/2017/03/06/app-week-best-digital-library/ CommonLit is a free digital library of leveled texts [...]
http://www5.esc13.net/thescoop/speddirectors/2015/04/28/usde-encourages-use-of-informal-dispute-resolution-options/ (copy and paste link in address bar)
Announcements and Upcoming Events 2017:
The Special Education Information Center will be closing Friday, June 30, at 12:00 PM. We will reopen on Wednesday, July 5, at 8:00 AM. All voice mails left during that time frame will be answered on Wednesday, July 5.
Watch for Spedtex exhibit booths at the following events.
- Texas Parent to Parent Statewide Conference, June 16-17, 2017, San Marcos, http://txp2p.org/
- The Texas Charter School Network Summer Summit, June 28 – 30, 2017, Westin at the Domain, Austin
- LAUNCH 2017 Texas PTA Summer Leadership Seminar, July 21, 2017, Hilton Americas-1600 Lamar St., Houston
- Texas Association of Vocational Adjustment Coordinators State Conference, August 1-2, 2017, Embassy Suites Hotel, Grapevine
- Texas Autism Conference, August 3-4, 2017, San Antonio, http://www.txautism.esc2.net/
We would enjoy talking with you about our Special Education Information Center.
Your questions and concerns are important to us. Please take a moment to take our poll regarding our service and information provided.
SPEDTex Team Members
Please note that Spedtex hours are 8-5, Monday through Friday.
Commissioner Mike Morath responds to concerns about special education services in Texas as