Want to know more about SpedTex…watch this video clip!
Latest From The Blog
1. Free webinar grades 5-12 http://www.eschoolnews.com/2017/03/06/app-week-best-digital-library/ CommonLit is a free digital library of leveled texts [...]
http://www5.esc13.net/thescoop/speddirectors/2015/04/28/usde-encourages-use-of-informal-dispute-resolution-options/ (copy and paste link in address bar)
Announcements and Upcoming Events 2016-2017:
Please note that SPEDTex will be closed Monday, May 29, 2017, due to our building being closed and our offices will not be accessible. Our offices will open promptly at 8:00 in the morning of Tuesday, May 30, 2017. Voice messages or emails may be left on the 29th; you will receive a contact on Tuesday. Thank you for your patience.
Watch for Spedtex exhibit booths at the following events.
- Association for Compensatory Educators of Texas, April 19-20, 2017, http://acetx.org
- Living with Disability/Texas Parent to Parent, April 22, 2017, First Baptist Church – Hurst
- North Texas SAGE Conference, April 29, 2017, Allen High School
- Texas Parent to Parent Statewide Conference, June 16-17, 2017, San Marcos, http://txp2p.org/
- Gifted Plus Conference, June 22, 2017, Elian Hotel, San Antonio
- LAUNCH 2017 Texas PTA Summer Leadership Seminar, July 21, 2017, Hilton Americas-1600 Lamar St., Houston
- Texas Autism Conference, August 3-4, 2017, San Antonio, http://www.txautism.esc2.net/
We would enjoy talking with you about our Special Education Information Center.
Your questions and concerns are important to us. Please take a moment to take our poll regarding our service and information provided.
SPEDTex Team Members
Please note that Spedtex hours are 8-5, Monday through Friday.
Commissioner Mike Morath responds to concerns about special education services in Texas as